Thursday, August 25, 2011

Brake accumulator.

I've never touched the brake accumulator since I've owned the car. Still looks new but the bladder was bad; the sphere was full of fluid.

I've install a new ball...

... and it is ready to be rebuilt by David (Cossit-Levy).

Rubber skirts

I have installed brand new rubber skirts that I've ordered from France after the accident.

The skirt was rubbing against the exhaust, which is bad for the rubber and paint...

... after some customization:

Done! Ready to put back the bumper.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Rear bumper.

I found a used bumper but it was banged up with deep scratches.

The small screws broke due to rust.

Not an easy part top hold on a vise.

Before drilling...

... after tapping.

The lower part was also banged up with deep scratches...

It was a deep groove on the upper part...

... after some hammering, filing and sanding.

I've used a torch to put the brackets back in shape. Pretty tough job to get the right angles again.

After sanding the upper part with 80, 220, 320, 400, 600, 800, 1000, 1500 and 2000 grid paper, it is time for polishing; many hours of sanding and polishing.

Stating on the lower part. I'm trying to get the curve right in comparison with the other side.

Here are the tools I've used so far. Time to start sanding...

After many hours of sanding, I'm starting to get a shine again.

Time to attack the left side with sand paper.

Once the bumper is sanded with a 2000 grid, I have to spend a few hours polishing it. Here is the result once finished:

Tuesday, August 16, 2011


Since I've owned the car I've never touched the exhaust. The car was quiet and I understand why, everything was welded from the 2 in 1 all the way to the back.

Now it is noisy and I'd like to sell the car with a new and original exhaust system.

It might have been a Saab exhaust but I'm not sure.

Now she has a new generation flexible and original muffler. The clamps are not original though but they do the job. Since I've cut the exhaust, the 2 in 1 is longer, I had to cut some of the flexible to make everything fit nicely.

Some original hardware were missing. I have used hangers for Renault (I use this hanger for SM fuel pumps also) and did some adaptation.

This hanger is new and original...

... as well as this one.