Friday, March 11, 2011

Rear lights...

My car has a 3 light option (reverse lights)

I had used 2 light plates on the shelf.

I just had to use a conduit cutter to turn a 2 light plate into a 3 light plate.


Thursday, March 10, 2011

Front end...

The car that crashed into me pushed me to the car in the front of me.

First I pulled the bumper out.

After straighting the parts, sand blasting, zinc plating the brackets and painting.

I found a used bumper but it needed some work.

After straightening, and sanding...

After the polish job (Many hours of work). The bumper looks new again.

I found a used grilled. It bent and rusted, but after some restoration, it looks new again.

The bracket holding the grill was also bent.

I took the opportunity to polish the front turn signals.

She looks even better than when I got her!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rear fenders...

I have straighten the fenders. Now they are ready for the plastic.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Trunk lid...

The trunk lid was almost folded in half.

I have welded a steel rod on both sides. The lid is stronger that the original, which was a flaw on the DS. I have stronger springs and I am not afraid of having the lid deforming while closing it.

The lid is ready to be prepped for paint.

The beginning... The accident.

The first pictures after the accident...